Monday, October 4, 2010

Anniversary

Ten years ago, I was scrambling - running around town, getting my nails done, buying last minute things, confirming pick up times, waiting for my family to get to town, all so that I could marry my best friend. Looking back at the planning of the weekend, wow, I was so naive about planning a big party. I'd never done that before and I was really doing a lot of it on my own.

One thing I wouldn't have changed is the way we started the day. Mike and I decided that we weren't going to follow the tradition of not seeing each other the day the wedding before I walked down the aisle. The day of the wedding Mike and I woke up together early and we went and had breakfast just the two of us. We talked about what an amazing day it was going to be and just spent a little time together. We then drove up to find the bed and breakfast where we were staying the night, since we knew it would be dark when we drove out there after the wedding. Of course, we still drove right by it that night! But at least we knew we drove by it.

Then we headed back to our house and the chaos began!

We will celebrate our 10 year anniversary on Thursday. And what a wonderful 10 years it has been!



2 comments:

the Gwilliam Family said...

Congrats to you and Mike!!! How fun that you and I have been married the same number of years!! Hope you guys enjoy the celebration!!!

Heidi Upton said...

I remember the day you two met! :-)