Friday, January 22, 2010

So much changing so much staying the same.



It's the new year, 2010, can you believe it??? I sure can't. Seems like just yesterday, Mike, Heidi and I were ringing in 2000 at La Salles in Chico. We got married in October 2000, moved to S. Cal in 2001. Lived there until the end of 2003, then back up to Roseville, CA. I started my career in employee benefits, thanks to a great referral from my sister Christine. Mike continued to work in Optical in San Diego, Roseville, and Sacramento.

In 2007 I read an article about great small towns. Mike and I were both a little frustrated living in suburbia and commuting. The article, in a round about way, lead us to move to Moscow, ID so Mike could go back to school full time. So, in 2000 & 2010, one of us was a full time student, one worked full time, we lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment... funny how in such a round about way we seem to be back to where we started the decade. :-)

School has started back up for Mike and he's taking a pretty hectic schedule, including Quantum Physics, Nanotechnology, Astrophysics, Electromagnetic Fields II, and some really hard crazy math class. I have a feeling that I won't be seeing him much this semester!!

He also got a job!! Well, sort of anyway. He'll be grading papers for one of his professors a couple of hours a week. More than anything else it'll look good when he goes to apply for grad school.

Things are going well at my job. Actually I have a second interview for a manager position next week. Fingers crossed that all goes well! It would be nice to be able to be able to pay off some bills and bank a little extra cash. AND a benefits manager position would be great to have on my resume. It will be a tough job, but I'm confident I can do it!

1 comment:

Heidi Upton said...

When do you find out if you get the job?? Fingers crossed!