Thursday, September 10, 2009

What a Wonderful World

Ah, I love music... I'm sitting here at my crazy cluttered desk, with way to much on my to do list and the song that comes on my Pandora radio station, Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World.


I couldn't help but smile. We really do live a wonderful world. I'm not sure if everyone on the planet could agree, but overall I think I have a pretty blessed life. I was given every opportunity as a child to be educated, I took advantage of some of them and some of them I let just go right past me. I was loved, played with, fed, sheltered, so yeah... I live in a pretty wonderful world.



My husband, who has a painful, debilitating disease, has access to health care and medication that make each day livable for him. We may pay more than I think we should for it, but we have it, so we live in a wonderful world.



I live in a country that no matter what, every four years I get to help pick a new leader of my country - and every 8 years no matter that new leader will be someone new. So if I don't agree with our current leader, I know that in 4 or 8 more years I get to part of the process to try and elect someone new. Although, I guess I can say that I'm pretty happy with the one we have right now!! And I'm so happy that in this country, we can elect a man to be our President that would have only been considered 3/5 of a person 200 years ago when our constitution was written. It is a pretty wonderful world.



I have picked fresh tomatoes from my little garden patch almost everyday for the past month or so. They are delicious, and make fantastic salsa that I love to eat! What a Wonderful World!



Just a few thoughts on why things are wonderful in my world...



Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World:


I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see’em bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are also on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin.. how do you do

They're really sayin'......i love you.
I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more.....than Ill never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are there on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin'.. how do you do
They're really sayin'...*spoken*(I ....love....you).

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
*spoken*(you know their gonna learn
A whole lot more than I’ll never know)
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself .......what a wonderful world.


1 comment:

the Gwilliam Family said...

So true, sista!! Just read a great book which helped me to appreciate all that I have The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Totally awesome read:)