Tuesday, September 23, 2008

IUI #1 - CD 1!!!!

Ok, so here we go...



Called the RE today, and we are all set. I'm going to pick up my fertility drugs at the pharmacy this evening. Then it's 2 pills (Femara) a day for five days starting on Thursday, $123 for the Rx, crazy!! Tomorrow I find out how much the Follistim will cost me. On Tues next week, I start the Follistim - two shots, yikes! Then I go in for an ultrasound and some testing on 10/4, 7 am!!! Then if all looks good, they will give me a shot to trigger ovulation. Mike will have to 'leave his sample' and then the Dr.'s office will wash them all up and as Mike says "leave 'em at my front door".



If it sounds complicated, well, it really kind of is.



We are hoping that we are making the right decision. I'm just starting to get a little bit worried. I'm 33 years old!! We started this whole trying to conceive thing right before my 29th birthday. We were certain we would be done by now. So many of my friends who started TTC after I did already have two. Things are little bit up in the air around here, when we moved to Idaho last Jan I was able to keep my job that I had in Folsom, which was great! But, while it sounded great on paper, it didn't work out so well in practice.



So, I'm really starting to look for work up here. I know I won't be able to make anything close to what I was making back in California, but really, life is so much cheaper here, it's not that big a deal anyway. And, well, I'm already so happy knowing that I'll be doing something different soon.



We weren't going to worry about starting IUI until my next cycle, but AF was 5 days late this past cycle and well, she's never late anymore so I was getting really excited, but sure enough she showed up. It really got me thinking though and really wanting to be a mom and to get that BFP (Big Fat Positive - on a pregnancy test), so here we are, spending money we don't really have. We'll make it work, we always do.



Finger's crossed!!

No comments: