Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Sleepy!




Last week I started a summer school course here at the University of Idaho. I figure since it would only cost $35 to take a University Course, I should take advantage of it while I'm here. So, I'm take a History/Film Course on the films of Oliver Stone! It's not nearly as easy as that Sports in Film class at Chico, but I'm enjoying it just as much.
We are watching a variety of films, from JFK & Platoon, to Wall Street & his new film W. Oliver Stone is such a controversial film maker and has made some great movies. I'm not so sure his history is 100% correct, but then again when is history 100% correct. Why not at least enjoy the experience huh? Tonight we are watching Born on the 4th of July, I'm really excited about this one I remember really liking it when I was a younger.

The down side to all of this, VERY long days. work for 8 hours then class for 3 hours, then reading and writing for the class. Good thing its only 4 weeks!

3 comments:

Heidi Upton said...

Didn't Oliver Stone make the movie, "The Doors?" Sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to take an enrichment course -- but wouldn't want to be held accountable for actually doing the homework. :-)

the Gwilliam Family said...

Niki - so very jealous of the film class you are taking. I miss taking those types of classes in school. I hope you enjoy it!

Niki Jones said...

He did make 'The Doors', we watched it last week. Homework's not to bad, just three 3 page critiques. But yeah I'm really enjoying, reminds me of all I learned at Chico.